Monday 3 August 2009

High School Reunion (again).


We had another high school reunion. It was on 2nd August 2009 at Pulau Dua Restaurant Jakarta. My sister wondering why do I have many high school reunions. Normally it is only once in a year, but we have met about 4 times now. Well, that’s because we love to see each other. We have too many good friends during high school. We feel that they are more trusted than our co-workers. And for sure, we love to behave as teenagers again.

This reunion was bigger than other meetings we had before though I did not see several familiar faces. We also had people from social science class as before we had people from natural science class only. Many of our teachers came as well. During high school, I loved mathematics, I loved physics, I loved biology but I felt sick for chemistry. I saw my mathematics teacher. After these 27 years, it is so amazing that she is not changing at all. She is still the smart Madam Kun that I knew. I saw my chemistry teacher and my biology one as well.

For the later, he was a new teacher when I was in the third grade. It was a day when I was late for school. I was just standing at the gate when he closed and locked the school gate. I said “Sir, I’m here already”. But he insisted that I was late. It was a day when students obliged to gather at an open area to hold a ceremony respecting our nation symbolized by our flag. Students are students. There were many more who were late. So we decided to get into the school from an other entrance. Climbing the wall !! Though I was the only girl, but we hold each other to climb the wall. Hoop la ! Got into my class !! When my biology teacher walked around to check the empty classes. There was me, giving him my big smile !!

The best thing of the last reunion was I found all of my shared table friends. Look at the picture. Evy in my first grade, Henny (with blue hijab) in my second grade and Ningsih (with yellow hijab) in my third grade. I’m so happy. I feel like I have found my lost sisters !! During the reunion I saw Bambang my fiend who lives in Bali. He is so dark till we call him Bambang black. I saw Nunuh as well, my good friend during high school. He is not married yet. People said why don’t we become a couple. No way. Friends are friends. Friendship should be distinguished clearly from love. For me, it is so stupid if marriage is based on who ever available. Besides love, marriage is about uniting vision and philosophy of life. Though there would be differences, but it is all about living in this world with shared values and achieving shared goals. Not only for our own happiness, but also for the benefit of this world and the human being.

Other good thing about reunion is taking pictures together. People just flocked from one group to an other, who ever taking pictures. Social science class or natural science class, who cares ! On the way back, I visited Nana’s new house. A nice house with a nice neighbourhood. We had a cup of tea and discussing about our cats. I left her house when the day was getting dark.

1 comment:

  1. Ret.., seneng baca tulisan-nya., boleh gw post linknya ke fb gw gak?....

    ReplyDelete