Friday 12 August 2011

My dive buddy

Early July in a thousand island marine park, I was hesitated to join the first group to dive executing a task finding ribbons under the sea to earn our new level diving certificate. “Come on mam, dive with us. I promise I’ll taking care of you” Titus – a ranger from Cendrawasih Bay Marine Park in Papua – convinced me to dive with his group. So I, Titus and Reza jumped in as the first group to dive and our mission accomplished very well. Titus kept his promise. He ensured I had my neutral in the water and hold my hand to make sure I was fine. Though at the last spot I got trouble with my BC, so Reza and Titus drawn me back into the sea.

July, 15 2011, I flew to Makasar for a business trip. I heard Titus - his complete name is Thitus Wemiyaupea - was in coma due to an accident at the airport. He fell off from the aircraft stairs and I was not sure the actual story about it. We went to the hospital and he was there, laid down on bed with all the medical machines to keep him alive. He just got a surgery at his head. His wife showed me a part of his skull took off from the surgery. I hold Titus cold hand. I tried to find his artery to make sure that his heart was still beating. I got it and I told him “ Be live Titus, so we’ll be diving together again soon”. It was only silent between us but the machine diagram showed me a change of his heart beat. He said nothing, he stayed still but he knew I was there. A few hours later, he died. A young man with bright future career and 6 little children.

The last time we dived together, he hold my hand. The last time I saw him, I hold his cold hand. Now he had gone to see his creator. May God hold his hand on the way to go to heaven. Good bye my dive buddy. Dive as much as you want now in the beautiful coral reef of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment